Sunday, January 24, 2010

Freeze this Weekend

This has been (so far) the ideal weekend, if there is such a thing.

Yesterday, I spent ALL day with my teacher training classmates at our last session. We took our exam, then did our teaching portions. Besides the nerves that come with examinations, there were more laughs and smiles than any other session. It was amazing to see how we are all really blooming into fabulous teachers, with our own styles. We finished the day off in my (our) teacher's living room eating lots of food we all brought and talking and asking questions. Bittersweet, for sure, but I have a feeling that our group will remain pretty close.

Today, I had some awesome pancakes (recipe found here) with sliced almonds and fried bananas and maple syrup. Then I went to check out an apartment, and now I'm letting Amos Lee serenade me on itunes, and I'm eating leftover baked ziti from last night. It is rainy, and cool but not cold. Perfect for reflecting, and reveling.

2010 is going to be a really amazing and unique year. I knew that as soon as the calendar changed and I felt the energy of that crazy blue moon. But even my horoscopes say so. Apparently there will only be about 3 years this amazing in my entire lifetime. Even the most hectic days so far somehow feel smooth underneath, more stable on the foundation, and that background feeling of dread hasn't been there. Maybe it's the yoga, maybe it's me, and maybe it's the stars. I don't know. But I like it.

Amos tells me Sometimes we forget who we got, Who they are. Oh, who they are not.
There is so much more in love, Than black and white.

He's right.

No comments: